Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Pilgrimage to the Creation Museum

       A couple months back, after seeing a photo album of pictures submitted on Digg.com, I decided to take a monumental step in my life the next time I was home in Cincinnati.  I decided that my life would not be complete without a trip to the Creation Museum in Petersburgh, KY.  For those of you who have never heard of Petersburgh, KY, don't feel bad.... neither had the maps program on my blackberry.  Despite the difficulties finding this monumental museum, my Sister, Dad and I arrived at the Creation Museum this afternoon at 2PM to begin a journey of discovery that could only be described as enlightening.  
     For those of you who don't already know about this incredible institution, the Creation Museum was built to dispel this MYTH called evolution, which has seeped into our classrooms, infecting our God-fearing children's young impressionable minds with the silly non-sense that humans evolved from monkeys.  MONKEYS!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  Clearly this preposterous notion is fundamentally incorrect.  Not only because God created the world in 6 days, 4,030 years ago and then wiped out all of the dinosaurs and humans living together in harmony by a catastrophic flood, but because how could I have descended from a monkey, when I don't even like bananas?!  According to the THEORY of evolution, I would have not been fit to survive because my ancestors would have starved to death if they did not ingest their steady diet of bananas.
     Thank God that I was able to visit an institution that does not succumb to the unforgivable mistake of taking the Word of God, passed down in Genesis, for granted.  Noah didn't gather all of his animals on a boat in order to teach children valuable lessons about holding fast to their values when the world around them challenges them, or that protecting nature is a worthwhile endeavor to strive for because God wants us to live in harmony with the world around us.  NO.  Genesis says Noah gathered his animals because the Bible is the earliest history book known to man and that is exactly how it happened.  
     I would encourage everyone to pilgrimage to Petersburgh, KY at some point in their life.  If not for the immense education you will receive on how accounts of dragons across the world proves that dinosaurs lived with humans, then at least go for their excellent selection of informative t-shirts like the one I bought with an orange stegosaurus on it that says, "I Love Dinosaurs.  Creation Museum.  Prepare to Believe."  I will post pictures of this t-shirt and my favorite exhibits at the museum as soon as I can.  

No comments: