Sunday, March 2, 2008

One Giant Leap.... to Ohio

      I'm currently sitting at my family computer back in Cincinnati, OH after one of the most insane months of my life.  During the past week alone I quit my job, found someone to sublet for my apartment in Chicago, packed up all of my belongings into my tiny two-seater Mazda Miata and am now currently on a two-day pitstop at home before leaving for a solo drive to the west coast.  
      Arriving back in Chicago on February 5th, after visiting a friend for a long weekend, I concluded that LA wasn't a soulless superficial shit hole, as I had previously evaluated.  During February I found a market research position in Santa Monica, CA that is going to be much better suited for me than my previous job, and instead of playing it safe like normal, I decided it was time for a little adventure in my life.  This is certainly one of the biggest risks I've ever taken and I hope to go into more detail in the upcoming days, but it might be difficult on the road.  Nevertheless, I will make an effort to post here regularly.  
      If anyone has any suggestions or tips on relocating to the Santa Monica area, I'd love to hear them.  I know that I'll be living with a friend from college and crashing on a couch until I find an apartment, but I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants right now.

No comments: